I’ve just realized that in all my years of blogging, I’ve never once written about Valentine’s Day, much less the month of love. Because this Hallmark holiday is such a bastion of romantic love and coupledom, finding myself single every Valentine’s Day has been cause for ignoring it and all the hoopla around it.
I’d like to believe Valentine’s Day is not just about romantic love, but about love in all its forms. I’m blessed to have people I love and who love me to share this day with! So even as a single young woman, I do have a short wishlist of what I would like on Valentine’s Day.
- Flowers: yes, I know they’re overpriced and they’ll wilt in three to five days. But I still want them! /irrational woman
- Hugs: not many people know this, but I love getting hugged by people who are important to me. Makes me feel wanted and appreciated.
- Bling-Bling: of course, I’m only kidding. I’d rather have…
- Chocolate: yes, please fill me up with phenols, the luuuuv chemical. Ü
- Time: nothing makes me feel more loved than people wanting to spend time with me.
As you can see, I want simple stuff for Valentine’s, and I’m sure I’ll get these things one way or another. I thought I’d have more detailed desires, but it seems like I already have everything I could need. Ü
What’s your wishlist? I hope on Valentine’s Day, you get it!