When I got the invitation to the Tatt Awards event a few weeks ago, I actually thought I’d missed the whole nominations thing and that it was the awarding ceremony. To my relief, when I got there I realized this was just the beginning of the whole process.
Bloggers and social media users were the stars of the night, since the Tatt Awards is meant to celebrate the best use of social media and blogging in the Philippines. The crowd at the Tatt Awards party was pretty diverse, ranging from simple bloggers like myself to celebrities who are avid Twitter users. And then there were the special people who are a mix of the two worlds, like Jenni Epperson, a celebrity in her own right who received a regional award for best lifestyle blog (at the Nuffnang Awards).
With Jenni and fashion blogger JP
There are 10 categories up for nominations at the Tatt Awards:
- Tech Junkie: the blogger who’s the most up-to-date with the newest technology, gadgets, and games
- The Advocate: the one who’s doing his part in making the world a better place.
- The Indie Rocker: knows the ins and outs of music like the back of his gig-stamped hand!
- Video Slinger: the most creative and exciting vlogger whose videos we found worthy of streaming into our homes!
- #Thought-Mover: the hashtag that trended the most online.
- The Visualizer: best photo blogger who’s able to immortalize moments, objects, and just about anything online.
- Game Changer: best sports blogger (and the category I’d like to be nominated for)
- The Explorer: Pumped-up travelers, adventure-seekers, and frequent fliers who blog about travel
- Stylisimo: the chic-est virtual fashion blogger
- The One: The best blogger. Period.
I know my blog KikayRunner.com is small fry in the larger world of blogging (and In My Pocket is even smaller fry that small fry feed on), but I know as a running blogger I make a difference. I’m asking you to check out the Tatt Awards website and nominate KikayRunner.com under the Game Changer category. But only if you think I really deserve it. Thanks!