This meme was nabbed from Ganns and slightly modified because MusicOutfitters.com, the site he recommended for getting the list of songs, doesn’t go beyond 2001.
- Enter the year you graduated from college and search for the top 100 songs of that year.
- If you like the song, put it in boldface.
- If you hate the song,
strike it out.
- If you don’t care about the song, leave it alone.
Top 100 Songs of 2002
- Complicated – Avril Lavigne
- A Thousand Miles – Vanessa Carlton
- Love At First Sight – Kylie Minogue
- All You Wanted – Michelle Branch
- Can’t Get You Out Of My Head – Kylie Minogue
- The Middle – Jimmy Eat World
Don’t Let Me Get Me – Pink
Just Like A Pill – Pink
Soak Up The Sun – Sheryl Crow
- Whenever, Wherever – Shakira
Hands Clean, Alanis Morissette
- Dilemma – Nelly f/ Kelly Rowland
- Without Me – Eminem
- Hella Good – No Doubt
- Hero – Chad Kroeger
- In The End – Linkin Park
- Blurry – Puddle Of Mudd
- Wherever You Will Go – The Calling
- Heaven – DJ Sammy & Yanou f/ Do
- Ain’t It Funny – Jennifer Lopez
- Underneath Your Clothes – Shakira
- Hey Baby – No Doubt
- Get The Party Started – Pink
- No Such Thing – John Mayer
By The Way – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Hot In Herre – Nelly
- How You Remind Me – Nickelback
Escape – Enrique Iglesias
- In My Place – Coldplay
- Foolish – Ashanti
- A New Day Has Come – Celine Dion
- Wrong Impression – Natalie Imbruglia
- One Last Breath – Creed
- Gangsta Lovin’ – Eve f/ Alicia Keys
- Sk8er Boi – Avril Lavigne
Standing Still – Jewel
- Underneath It All – No Doubt f/ Lady Saw
- Too Bad – Nickelback
- More Than A Woman – Aaliyah
- My Sacrifice – Creed
- What’s Luv? – Fat Joe f/ Ashanti
- No More Drama – Mary J. Blige
- Goodbye To You – Michelle Branch
- Somewhere Out There – Our Lady Peace
- Ordinary Day – Vanessa Carlton
- Objection (Tango) – Shakira
- Here Is Gone – Goo Goo Dolls
I’m Gonna Be Alright – Jennifer Lopez
- Wasting My Time – Default
- Girlfriend – ‘N Sync
Gotta Get Through This – Daniel Bedingfield
What About Us? – Brandy
- Sweetness – Jimmy Eat World
- Always On Time – Ja Rule f/ Ashanti
- Youth Of The Nation – P.O.D.
- Days Go By – Dirty Vegas
- One Day In Your Life – Anastacia
Overprotected – Britney Spears
- In Your Eyes – Kylie Minogue
- Running Away – Hoobastank
- We Are All Made Of Stars – Moby
I’m Alive – Celine Dion
- Seein’ Red – Unwritten Law
Cleanin’ Out My Closet – Eminem
- Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
- Just A Little – Liberty X
- Little Less Conversation – Elvis vs. JXL
- A Woman’s Worth – Alicia Keys
- Spin – Lifehouse
Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman – Britney Spears
- I Need A Girl (Part One) – P. Diddy
- Full Moon – Brandy
Oops (Oh My) – Tweet
- Rapture – Iio
- Can’t Fight The Moonlight – LeAnn Rimes
Hero – Enrique Iglesias
- Happy – Ashanti
- Boys – Britney Spears
- U Don’t Have To Call – Usher
- U Got It Bad – Usher
- 7 Days – Craig David
- Out Of My Heart (Into Your Head) – BBMak
- (This Is A) Song For The Lonely – Cher
Insatiable – Darren Hayes
- Precious Illusions – Alanis Morissette
- Get Over You – Sophie Ellis-Bextor
- Your Body Is A Wonderland – John Mayer
Round Round – Sugababes
Caught In The Middle – A1
- Where Are You Going – Dave Matthews Band
- Don’t Say Goodbye – Paulina Rubio
Starry Eyed Surprise – Paul Oakenfold
- Addictive – Truth Hurts
- Rock The Boat -Aaliyah
- Walking Away – Craig David
- Toxicity – System Of A Down
- Rainy Dayz – Mary J. Blige
- The Whole World -Outkast
…On The Radio (Remember The Days) – Nelly Furtado
- Family Affair – Mary J. Blige
I was driving to the gym at 5:45am yesterday with my sister. Now, since the sun was still hiding under the horizon, it was dark on the roads. I was trying to merge into the inner lane as the road climbed over a small hill, but a Gasat Lines bus just accelerated on my left side, and I was stuck in my lane. At the same time, a jeepney pinned me on my right side. I stepped on the brake to slow down a bit.
And then, at the crest of the hill, I saw it. A huge gaping round “O” in the road right in front of me. AN OPEN MANHOLE!
With the bus bearing down on my left side and the jeepney swerving in on my right side, I couldn’t swerve either way to avoid the hole. I stomped on the brake as the bus and jeepney zoomed past, and as soon as the bus had cleared me I swung my steering wheel sharply to the left.
BAM! went my front right wheel, into the manhole as I screeched to a halt. When I say I screeced, I mean the car’s wheels screeched, and so did I. A flood of thoughts flashed in my head. “Did I break an axle? Is the front of my car crumpled in? Am I wearing good underwear in case I have to be brought to the hospital?”
I revved the car and got my front right wheel out of the manhole, then drove slowly to the shoulder of the road. With legs still shaky, I got out and checked the front and right side of my car. NOT A SCRATCH ON IT.
As I got back in the car, my sister asked me, “Did you really have to scream?”
I absolutely despise buses and jeepneys, but I wish those people who steal manhole covers could be hung by their feet over those manholes they leave open with their pilfering.
Well, actually, that’s a little bit harsh. I do wish I knew whether those who steal equipment from public roads (manhole covers, drain grates, signs, and the like) are ever apprehended and punished.
It’s always easy to say “I’m sorry.” What’s hard is what comes after. If a person really mean the apology, it means they’re going to make the effort to restore what has been lost.
Healing hurts, whether we’re talking about the body knitting back together a physical wound or the mind and heart trying to seal an emotional wound. Sometimes a physical injury is so severe it needs surgery, which would be painful if not for anesthesia and painkillers afterwards. Emotional injury? There isn’t an anesthetic in the world to stop the pain while the healing process starts. All one can do is pray to God and ask Him to help them through this.
I’m taking this from Pam. Names can be very tricky because you make valuable first impressions with them.
YOUR PORN STAR NAME:
(Name of first pet + Street you live in)
Popsie Venicia. Aiyah…
YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME:
(Name of your favorite snack food + Grandfather’s first name)
Peanuts Sabas. Boo.
YOUR FASHION DESIGNER NAME:
(First word you see on your left + Favorite restaurant)
List Saisaki. Maker of sushi-inspired clothing.
EXOTIC FOREIGNER ALIAS:
(Favorite Spice + Last Vacation Spot Visited)
Cinnamon Laguna. Exotique, no?
(Silliest Childhood Nickname + Town Where You First Partied)
*null and void where partying does not exist and nicknames are not given*
“FLY GIRL” ALIAS (a la J. Lo):
(First Initial + First Two or Three Letters of your Last Name)
N. De. Of course this means NO!
(Something Sweet Within Sight + Any Liquid in Kitchen)
Soda Water. Also good for mosquito bites.
(Favorite Baby Animal + Where You Went to High School)
Puppy Harvest. Ripe for the taking.
(Last Snack Food You Ate + Your Favorite Alcoholic Drink)
Pizza Margarita. Hic!
SOAP OPERA ALIAS:
(Middle Name + First Word you see on your Right)
Page. I don’t want to give out my middle name!
ROCK STAR ALIAS:
(Favorite Candy/Dessert + Last Name Of Favorite Musician)
Mercedes Mayer. I love my Brazo and my John.
So, hello everyone! Welcome to my newly redesigned and renamed online journal named “In My Pocket.” I picked this title as I was looking at a pair of new jeans I recently bought, admiring the roominess in the front and rear pockets.
I love pockets and have always tried to make use of them whenever they appeared on my clothes. Back in high school, I had all sorts of things in my skirt pockets: aside from the requisite wallet, I had a handkerchief, a hair clip, and an inhaler for the rare asthma emergency. Alas, these days pockets are merely design elements use to make people’s butts/hips/chest look bigger or smaller depending on their preference. Besides, when was the last time you saw a (useable) pocket on a trendy skirt?
Still, I can always pull a random pen and piece of paper out of my pocket and start scribbling–so long as I had them in there in the first place. Alternatively, I can just pull out my cellphone from my pocket and snap pictures with it. This journal will be the outlet for any and all creative endeavors of those sorts from me. Hopefully I can write about daily events here as well as the more serious essays I had the tendency to write.